ousay

R

R

emembered

PICTON

Picton was the name of a dwelling on the hill above Feolquoy in Wasbister.

Wester crofts 111 Wester crofts 112 Wester crofts 114

Picton was was occupied briefly in the mid-1800’s by James Gibson. He was the son of Hugh Gibson and Janet Inkster of Skatequoy and he was born on February 16th 1803. His wife Mary earned a living as a dressmaker, and the annual rent they had to pay was one shilling.

 

     Another tenant in 1861 was 55 year-old Betsy Craigie, who was a stocking knitter.

Wester crofts 109

~